Sunday, October 18, 2009

the price of libel and other such accusations...

apparently my readership stretches farther than i ever would have imagined.  and on friday i met the consequences of that influence.  am i sorry that i posted what i did?  not in the least.  i am a firm believer in both freedom of speech and lack of censorship.  i stand by everything that i post and am not willing to compromise any of its contents simply because they make someone else feel uncomfortable.  am i not allowed to have my own opinions?  while i realize that this is a public forum, this is also my outlet for when i am feeling frustrated.  in addition, it is comforting to know that when i post, others respond to it.  whether they have gone through the same thing and are empathizing with what i am feeling, or if it ruffles their feathers, isn't that what good journalism is all about?   and to be honest, if you don't like what you see, don't read it...and kiss my ass.


1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean. Good for you for not censoring because of other people. Like Emerson, I have family that read my blog...and take it too seriously sometimes--which leads me to only write things that I wouldn't mind being posted on the front page of a newspaper. It gets frustrating because if I could write everything that I thought and felt I would feel so much better. Way to stick with your feelings!

    ReplyDelete