Wednesday, March 18, 2009

working 9-5

i work in a tiny office on the north shore of oahu.  i love my job, and one of the many pleasures of being in front of a computer all day, is the fact that i have constant access to the internet.  this provides me with a constant stream of music or entertainment on days that i'm feeling stressed or so bored that my head might explode.

this is not to say that my office is by any means boring.  even though it is just me and one other girl holding down the fort, for the most part, it is my coworker that keeps me...bemused.  even though she is 5 years my senior, i find myself constantly giving her advice on things i consider to be common sense.   for example, when i asked her what she was going to get her boyfriend, of one year, for valentine's day, she said 'nothing.  i'm the girl.  he's supposed to do something for me.'  she then went on to tell me that she's always had boyfriends that did stuff for her and she never got them anything in return.    i gently suggested some simple things she could do, such as making a picture frame and putting a picture of them in it, or making a mixed cd, but she said that both of those projects sounded like, 'too much work'.  so she ended up re-gifting him some chocolates that our co-worker gave her.  

i know i've thought it before, but he's a lucky, lucky guy.

more fun work stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment