Thursday, April 15, 2010

why flamingos are pink, and other such nonsense...

as some of you may already know, flamingos get their unique color from the shrimp that they eat. i guess there are some chemicals in the shrimp and algae that they consume (beta carotene to be exact) that contribute to their color, and in order to keep them that vibrant shade of pink in captivity, they are fed various coloring agents, much like farmed salmon.

well let's just say that i would be one funny looking flamingo, because i have noticed that a LOT of my favorite foods are orange, which is strange, because i don't even really like the color orange...it wouldn't even make it into my top 5 color choices...what can i say? i guess orange foods just taste good to me.

only my favorite kind of cookie-pumpkin chocolate chip

makes me think of hawaii...




HONEY TANGERINES!!!! i wish these were available all year around...but there's only a measly two month window for when stores carry them. perhaps that's why i love them so...

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh I want those pumpkin cookies right now! I miss you!!!!! It is cool that you are gonna play softball again too!

    ReplyDelete