Wednesday, August 19, 2009

it's what keeps me going...

i had a facebook chat with my friend sean, the other day. he's a fellow hawaii alum from back in the glory days, who happens to currently be stationed in iraq with the marines. he's divorced, and about six years older than me (i'll let you do the math). so i figured he would be the perfect person to shed some light on my current relationship problems. here is the advice he gave me as he patiently listened to my ramblings about my inability to find the right guy:

use your time to improve yourself and accomplish things and have adventures and you will cross paths with someone who appreciates that...


but at the same time be careful not to become so independent that you can't adapt to another life you might not expect


i'm glad that i am fortunate enough to not only have friends that will listen to my problems, but who can also still manage to have a positive outlook on life, even if they have been dealt a bad hand in the past.

2 comments:

  1. You'll meet Mr. Right!!! I strike the last part of the advice, become just as independent as you want! It is hard adjusting to have to calculate someone into almost every aspect of your life, but I think it is essential that you have your own independence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is great advice! really truly great and i have faith and confidence in your happy future my dear! all bright things ahead :)

    ReplyDelete