Thursday, April 2, 2009

making lemonade...

since i have been feeling so negative lately, which a six thirty bus ride, and then hike up the vertical hill to my work today did not help, i wanted to post about some things that i have found amusing lately.  

1.  i received a lovely crockpot from my co-worker the other day.  i am so excited that i don't know what to make first...any suggestions?

2.  since i work in an office that happens to be attached to my boss' house, we have to go inside to go to the bathroom.  this is normally not a problem, however, recently they have been having trouble with their septic tank.  not fun.  it's already caused the toilet to overflow really badly, and it was starting to back up again the other day.  once roto rooter came out, they were finally able to pinpoint the problem:  someone had flushed a tampon down the toilet.  since my co-worker and i are the only two people who use that particular bathroom, it had to be one of us.  i was very bemused to find out that it was in fact my coworker, and that she had been doing it all her life.  (apparently no one told her that tampons expand when they hit liquid, who knew?) watching my coworker realize that she was responsible for clogging their toilet, not once, but twice, was priceless.

3.  finding out that my cute little office manager, and surrogate mother to me in hawaii, loves the david archuleta cd.  one of his songs came up on my pandora, and she was standing by my desk and said, "oh i like his cd!  i had it on repeat in my car for like a month."  this is really only amusing if you know her...but i always find it interesting to find out what sort of music other people enjoy, it gives me insight into their personalities.

2 comments:

  1. haha- cute cute carol. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your co-worker is a total perv.


    hope she doesn't read this. ever.

    ReplyDelete