Tuesday, February 23, 2010

gainfully employed...

as of this friday, i begin my foray back into the active work force, and let me tell you it's about damn time. most people in my position would have been thrilled to lounge around for the past few months, i.e. not working and collecting unemployment, but i swear i was dying a little inside each day as i sat around feeling anxious that i wouldn't find a job before my benefits ran out. but i am pleased to report that my days of sending out hundreds of resumes into cyberspace are done...for now at least.

job #1- an on call position with the company that was the main reason for my choosing the bay area to re-locate to...but it's on call, so it's not dependable work, but it is related to what i'd like to go back to school for, so i'm happy to do it. plus they said that they could offer me a full time position once one becomes available.

job #2- i'll be a medical receptionist for this cute little doctor's office about 15 minutes from where i live. the doctor is super cool, and really nice. this will also provide me with some steady hours, but it's only three days a week. thus...

job #3- working for california autistic foundation. i'll be the equivalent to a skills trainer either in a residential treatment center or i'll be working the graveyard shift.

i can't wait to be a normal person again!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. wow- three jobs! what if they all get super busy? what exciting adventures await!

    ReplyDelete